Terms and Conditions-2022/23
Please take a moment to read and understand these policies pertaining to our Zentangle, Inc. hosted events.
ON-LINE Events Terms-SPECIFIC
Your non-refundable enrollment deposit of $485.00US is required at the time of registration (the “Enrollment Fee”). This fee covers all of your classroom supplies shipped to your home and various administration fees. A balance due invoice will be emailed and will be due, paid in full, by the due date on your invoice. If you cannot make the balance payment all at once, a payment plan can be arranged*. Payment in full in US dollars is due by check, credit card, or direct bank draft. If we have not received your payment in full by the invoice due date, you may lose your seat and the registration fee.
ON-LINE CZT Seminars: Cancelation Policy
Should you need to cancel, the Enrollment Fee will be forfeited, and the supplies will be yours to keep. Any refunds will only be made for cancellations received, in writing, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14 days before the scheduled seminar (less the Enrollment Fee). After this date, we regret that refunds of fees will not be made.
ON-LINE Events: Video/Audio Recording and Electronic Device Guidelines
- No audio or video recording is allowed.
- Still screen captures allowed.
You acknowledge that if, during the virtual event, you request to participate and if you allow the use of your camera and/or microphone, your image and voice may be recorded and shared by Zentangle, Inc.
We aim to provide a seamless online experience. However, due to the nature of the internet, technology, and other factors beyond our control, Zentangle cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to the live seminar feed, nor can Zentangle guarantee that we can provide continuous and uninterrupted transmission. Refunds will not be provided in the event that a seminar is interrupted due to issues outside of Zentangle’s reasonable control.
Zoom Restricted Countries or Regions
- Cuba: For regulatory reasons, users in this country are currently unable to access Zoom services.
- Iran: For regulatory reasons, users in this country are currently unable to access Zoom services.
- North Korea: For regulatory reasons, users in this country are currently unable to access Zoom services.
- Syria: For regulatory reasons, users in this country are currently unable to access Zoom services.
- Ukraine (Crimea Region): For regulatory reasons, users in this region are currently unable to access Zoom services.
IN-PERSON Seminar Terms-SPECIFIC
The first step in registering for our events is to fill out the form and pay the $350 enrollment fee. This non-refundable fee is to secure the seat in the class and covers basic initial costs for your attendance.
Payment in full in US dollars is due by credit card, bank draft or check, within 60 days of registering unless otherwise noted in your invoice. If you cannot make the balance payment all at once, a payment plan can be arranged*. If we have not received your payment in full by the invoice due date, you may lose your seat and the registration fee.
IN-PERSON Cancellation Policy
Although we hope it won’t be necessary, unexpected circumstances may require you to cancel your registration. If you do cancel and we can fill your seat with someone from our waitlist, we will refund any payments you made, less the registration fee.
If we cannot find a replacement for your seat, and you cancel:
- 120 days or more, prior to the event, we will refund any payments you made, less the Enrollment Fee;
- Between 90 and 120 days prior to the event, we will refund 60% of payments you made, less the Enrollment Fee;
- Between 60 and 90 days, we will refund 30% of payments you made, less the Enrollment Fee;
- Between 30-60 days prior to the event, we will refund 15% of payments you made, less the Enrollment Fee; and
- 30 days or less prior to the event, there is no refund.
If we cancel the event at any time, you will receive a full refund for whatever you paid to Zentangle less any mailings of supplies you may have already received. This excludes any other expenses you may have incurred. If you have booked extra nights at Gurney’s through us, I will cancel those on your behalf. If you made extra night arrangements directly with the hotel, you are solely responsible for those cancellations.
HYBRID EVENT-Transfer Attendance If you are registered for a hybrid event and you wish to transfer your attendance, the following fees will apply:
Before June 5, 2022- no cost to defer.
Between June 6 and August 6, 2022:
In-Person to Online-
- $100.00 transfer fee for SHARED room in-person seminar/event*
- $200.00 transfer fee or PRIVATE room in-person-seminar/event*
*Due to room commitments we have with the hotel, any requests to transfer after August 5, 2022 will not have any refunds for the difference in price. A supply kit will be mailed to your home for online attendance.
Online to In-person-
- $25.00 transfer fee. Subject to room availability. Any increase in event pricing will be added to your balance due.
In-Person Video/Audio Recording and Electronic Device Guidelines
- No audio or video recording is allowed by students at Zentangle Inc. events.
- Still photography is allowed.
- Set phones to “silent” or “vibrate” within class time.
- You acknowledge that you may be photographed, videotaped or have your voice recorded by Zentangle, Inc. during class time.
- We request that you not use any electronic devices during class for non-class reasons as it can be disruptive to others.
- No audio or video recording is allowed at Zentangle Inc. events, except for such devices used by Zentangle, Inc.
- If you share your art, you agree that it may be photographed by others.
- We request that you do not share images of the class content and experience on social media.
- You acknowledge that Zentangle, Inc. may use photographs, video recordings and/or audio recordings of you in its promotional and marketing materials, including, but not limited to, Zentangle Inc.’s newsletter.
FOR ALL ATTENDEES
If we, Zentangle, Inc., cancel this event or if the event cannot be held because of issues outside of our reasonable control, we will offer you the option to defer all payments you paid transferrable in full to a future Zentangle event. If you choose not to defer payments already made towards the attendance of a future event, or if Zentangle Inc. cannot reasonably reschedule you to attend a future event, Zentangle, Inc. holds the sole right and authority to refund payments already received,
Regardless of the reason for cancellation, you agree that you are solely responsible for any other expenses you may have incurred from the planning of your trip such as any additional hotel nights and airfare to name a few.
The undersigned hereby assumes full responsibility for risk of illness, bodily injury, death, or property damage by attending and participating in this event and waives any claim in respect, thereof. The undersigned agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Zentangle, Inc. from and against any loss, cost, or damage of any kind (including reasonable attorneys’ fees).
Please note that for USA Certified Zentangle Teacher Training seminars (in-person & virtual), English fluency is a requirement. We cannot guarantee certification if you do not understand the spoken class content. We reserve the right to require a brief face-to-face conversation via Zoom® or other online platform to verify this and to get to know our attendees. In the event that you register to attend a Zentangle event and we determine that you are unable to adequately participate due to you not being fluent in English, any payments already made will be fully refunded.
We will make best efforts to provide or direct any student who is not fluent in English to appropriate CZT sponsored translation services or support.
DEFERRED ATTENDANCE– If you wish to defer your attendance from an event you are registered for to a future Zentangle Event, we can make our best effort to find you another event, within the same calendar year, if space is available. The cost to defer to a different event is $100.00. Any increase in event pricing will be added to your balance due.
As a condition of you receiving your CZT Certificate, whether virtually or in-person, you will be asked to acknowledge, by signing, that you received and understand the “CZT Understanding” which outlines your relationship with Zentangle, Inc., with Rick and Maria, and with the Zentangle CZT community. This is not a contract or agreement. Its objective is to inform you of your relationship with Zentangle, Inc. The content of the agreement is below in quotes.
“I understand and agree that as a Certified Zentangle Teacher:
My Zentangle teacher certification does not create a contractual or employment relationship with Zentangle, Inc. nor does it imply any performance, income or territorial guarantees.”
“I do not legally represent Zentangle, Inc. and I may not encumber it or enter into contracts on its behalf. As an illustration, I may not sign contracts that make warrants about, or grant rights to, any intellectual property or other properties of Zentangle, Inc., Rick Roberts, or Maria Thomas.”
“I will not create products with the Zentangle name or logo and I won’t sell anything that includes the Zentangle name or logo if Zentangle, Inc. didn’t produce it or approve it in writing.”
“I will only teach the Zentangle Method under the Zentangle name.”
“If I do something that in Rick Roberts’ or Maria Thomas’ opinion harms Zentangle, Inc., or the Zentangle community, I understand that I may be de-listed as a Certified Zentangle Teacher.”
You have the option of purchasing event insurance at the time of registering. This insurance may provide a full refund of your payment to Zentangle should you need to cancel (terms and conditions apply). You may choose to purchase event registration coverage here: https://www.registrationsaver.com/regsaver-application/
This is a separate arrangement and in no way is Zentangle, Inc. affiliated with the insurer, nor do we benefit in any way from your purchase of insurance.
*A $10 administrative fee per installment payment will be added to your total invoice.