Situated on Goat Island and surrounded by Narragansett Bay, Gurney’s Newport Resort and Marina offers the seclusion of a private island yet is just a jaunt from the shops and eateries of downtown Newport. The waterfront resort is centrally located to the area’s abundant attractions and activities, which include landmark mansions, museums, vineyards, golf courses, beaches, state parks, scenic walks, and cruises.
The expansive grounds offer 360 degree water views, providing an ideal setting for our tangling adventure! There is a full-service spa and full gym and indoor pool.
If you wish to extend your stay, please email MARTHA@ZENTANGLE.COM with the dates of your request. PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL THE HOTEL FOR THESE ARRANGEMENTS.
The cost for per and post stays at Gurney’s is $149.00-$169.00+ taxes payable directly to the hotel at the time of check-in. A confirmation of your stay will be emailed 30 days prior to your arrival.
April 23,24,25,29,30- 2020 $149+tax
May 1, 2, 6,7,8-2020 $169.00+tax
Travel and Transportation
When making your travel plans, this event will begin on Sunday with check-in with Zentangle sometime after 2:00pm and hotel check in is anytime after 4:00pm. The event will end some time between 2:00-5:00pm on Wednesday. Please see your welcome email for details specific to your event.
T.F. Green International Airport (PVD), Providence, RI
If you have a choice of which airport to use, choose this one. It is about 27 miles from downtown Newport.
- T.F. Green Airport information
- Car Rentals
- Private Car Service – We recommend Mike Bettencourt Car Service firstname.lastname@example.org (401-640-5539). He runs his own service and is VERY familiar with our group and Rhode Island in general. We also recommend using him for your returning airport runs. Tell him you are with Zentangle!
- Uber and Lyft services are available
- Cab service- Orange cab is a full service taxi company and you can schedule pick ups at http://newportcabs.com/services.htm or call 401-841-0030
Logan International Airport (BOS), Boston, MA- located 74 miles from Newport
- Logan Airport information
- Car Service – We recommend Mike Bettencourt Car Service email@example.com (401-640-5539). He runs his own service and is very familiar with our group and Rhode Island in general. We also use him for your returning airport runs. Tell him you are with Zentangle!
- Uber and Lyft services are available.
- Car Rentals
- Cab- There are many cabs available outside after baggage claim and the cost is roughly $175 per one way to Providence.
- Knight’s Limo– www.knightslimo.com -prices vary
- Peter Pan Bus Lines operates between Boston’s Logan Airport and Newport. peterpanbus.com
Amtrak’s Providence train station is very near Kennedy Plaza where you can take the bus to Newport.
Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina
1 Goat Island
Newport, RI 02840
Self-Service Parking is free (valet parking available for a fee)
Newport, Rhode Island is a beautiful coastal town. If you have the opportunity to extend your stay I highly recommend it!
You can read more about Newport and getting there below: