CZT#38 Certified Zentangle Teacher Training
April 5, 2022 - April 8, 2022$1895.00 – $2450.00
Join us at the luxurious Gurney’s Resort in historic Newport, Rhode Island, USA. This 4 day teacher training program is taught by the founders of the Zentangle® Method, Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas, and is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the philosophies behind the Zentangle Method of drawing. Students will leave with all the knowledge they need to teach the Zentangle Method and the tools needed to convey the full Zentangle experience to others. CZTs will enjoy continued support and inspiration from Zentangle Inc. and through our global CZT network.
2021- We’ve Found a home in Newport
At Zentangle HQ, we are continuously evolving and growing in response to our global Zentangle community. In 2016, we chose a new and glorious location to host our first zenAgain CZT reunion. We were delighted with our experience that we decided to host a CZT seminar there! And so, we have decided to head back to the island, Goat Island that is! Gurney’s is located in the heart of downtown Newport, just across the causeway on Goat Island. Don’t just take our word for it, it’s “The most beautiful hotel in Rhode Island” according to Architectural Digest. With plenty of room to accommodate our growing family of CZTs, we will enjoy comfort and beauty throughout our tangle time together.
This teacher training seminar is quite busy, beginning with Tuesday travel and settling in. You can check-in with Zentangle any time after 2:00pm* on Tuesday and with the hotel around 4:00pm. This year, we will be having our first class at 5:00pm on opening night, so please plan your travel accordingly. Dinner and dessert will follow and our coveted Zentangle store will be open most of the day to get everyone inspired!
The next two days are dedicated to class time from 10:00am to 6:00pm. There are ample breaks throughout the days to keep us all refreshed and motivated. On Wednesday and Thursday evenings, we offer a surprise mix of speakers, entertainment, and classes and, though technically optional, you will not want to miss them! Throughout it all, energized conversations are occurring, and magical alliances are forming, you will meet and make friends with wonderful people from all around this world!
Although we are finished with the program on Friday between 4:00pm-5:00pm, many people choose to extend their stay to absorb and bask in the week’s events with their fellow CZTs. We encourage our attendees who do decide to stay to venture out and explore the amazing seaside city. Newport is full of tangle-inspiring architecture and history. Information on how to extend your stay is included in your welcome email.
Details and FAQs
Here are two lists of what we can and can’t do:
- Guarantee you’ll make money . . . even colleges and universities will not guarantee that
- Teach you how to run a business or handle your taxes . . . it’s beyond the scope of our seminar
- Assign territories . . . people move and there are so many applications for teaching the Zentangle Method within any one area: Schools, businesses, clubs, health care, etc.
- Promise that a non-CZT won’t offer competing classes . . . While we vigorously pursue trademark and copyright infringement, and even though our teaching method has a patent pending, we can only act within established legal frameworks and within our financial and time resources. We prefer to emphasize education of the marketplace and to provide students with the very best Zentangle experience possible. This is paying great benefits as people and organizations increasingly value the instructions and classes taught by a CZT over people who are not trained by us. Once you are a CZT- use that title to set yourself apart. Shout it from the rooftops!
- Provide you with tools and resources to create a thriving Zentangle business. More and more people are teaching Zentangle workshops as an important source of income.
- Provide a wonderful experience at the seminar. Many people come (and come back!) for the camaraderie and immersion in an atmosphere of Zentangle creativity, inspiration, and friendship.
- Provide an ongoing system of support through newsletters, our CZT Resource center, and through our private CZT forum, facilitating a network with each other.
- Provide a listing and an editable page on our website to all CZTs in good standing.
- Offer most of our Zentangle products to you at wholesale prices.
- Make every effort to make all of our strategic decisions around how it will support and impact our CZTs.
- Provide advance notice and availability of new products to CZTs.
- Provide a CZT only newsletter.
- Invite you to join us in this wonderful, exciting adventure. While no one can promise it, we continually hear inspiring stories of gratitude from people who have found a CZT through our website and it has changed (or saved) their lives. The gratitude that you can experience in teaching the Zentangle method has become a major focus in many CZTs’ lives . . . it is a source of joy, focus and income.
Registration Process and Payment
Please fill out the registration form and create your account. Please note that this event website is not linked to your account on zentangle.com or on the MOSAIC app
There are 3 options when registering for this seminar. The prices below include tuition, supplies, all meals and snacks and lodging for 3 nights (day students have no lodging).** Each option has limited availability so if one option is full you could try a different one. Further instructions for travel and shoulder night accommodations will be provided in a link in your welcome email when registration is complete. You do not need to have a roommate ahead of time to choose a “shared room”- we can pair you up with someone.
Private Room Student- $2450.00
Shared Room Student-$2175.00
Day Student (no lodging)-$1895.00
You will only be asked to pay the $350 registration fee*** via credit card to complete the registration process. A welcome email with many important details and an invoice reflecting this payment will be emailed to you soon. Your balance payment will be due by check within 60 days from registration. If you do not receive either of these please check your spam first and then email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you the information you need.
Please click on the link on your invoice or mail a check payment drawn on a US Bank to:
Attention: CZT Seminar
27 Prospect St
Whitinsville, MA 01588
Once you are paid in full, an invoice will be emailed for your records.
*Schedule subject to change
** travel and transfers not included
***registration fee is non-refundable
For best results, PLEASE do not use a mobile device to register.
- Martha Huggins