- This event has passed.
CZT#32 Certified Zentangle Teacher Training
October 28, 2018 - October 31, 2018$1745.00 - $2245.00
CZT#32 October 28-31, 2018
Training seminars are held at the Providence Biltmore Hotel in Providence, Rhode Island USA. This 4 day program is taught by the founders Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas and is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the philosophies behind the Zentangle Method of drawing. Students will leave the training with all the knowledge they need to teach the Zentangle Method and the tools needed to convey the full Zentangle experience to others. CZTs will enjoy continued support and inspiration from Zentangle Inc. and through our global CZT network.
2018- We’ve Found a home in Providence
At Zentangle HQ, we are continuously evolving and growing in response to our global Zentangle community. In 2017, we chose a new and glorious location to host our CZT seminars. We were delighted with our experience and so, we will once again host the CZT seminars at the exquisite Providence Biltmore Hotel in Providence, Rhode Island, USA. The Providence Biltmore, located in the heart of downtown Providence, is a landmark hotel with an illustrious past. Designed by the celebrated firm Warren and Wetmore, the architects behind New York City’s Grand Central Station, the hotel debuted to widespread acclaim in 1922 and quickly became the tourist and social center of Providence. Today, deeply woven within the city’s fabric and culture and beloved by generations of guests, the Providence Biltmore is an authentic Providence tradition. At CZT training, we will take over the top two floors of this grand hotel- our own tangling tower!
Your time with us is quite busy beginning with Sunday travel and settling in. You can check in with Zentangle anytime after 2:00pm on Sunday and with the hotel around 4:00pm. This year, we will be having our first class at 5:00pm so please plan your travel accordingly. Dinner and dessert will follow and our coveted Zentangle store will be open most of the day to get everyone inspired!
The next few days are dedicated to class time from 8:30am to 5:00pm on Monday through Wednesday. There are ample breaks throughout the day to keep us all refreshed and motivated. Although we are finished with the program on Wednesday, many people choose to extend their stay to absorb and bask in the weeks events with their fellow CZTs. We encourage our attendees who do decide to stay to also explore the great architecture and history of Providence to enrich their Zentangle practice.
On Monday and Tuesday evenings, we offer a surprise mix of speakers, entertainment and classes and, though technically optional, you will not want to miss them! Throughout it all, energized conversations are occurring and magical alliances are forming, you will meet and make friends with wonderful people from all around this world!
Details and FAQs
Here are two lists of what we can and can’t do:
- Guarantee you’ll make money . . . even colleges and universities will not guarantee that
- Teach you how to run a business or handle your taxes . . . it’s beyond the scope of our seminar
- Assign territories . . . people move and there are so many applications for teaching the Zentangle Method within any one area: Schools, businesses, clubs, health care, etc.
- Promise that a non-CZT won’t offer competing classes . . . While we vigorously pursue trademark and copyright infringement, and even though our teaching method has a patent pending, we can only act within established legal frameworks and within our financial and time resources. We prefer to emphasize education of the market place and to provide students with the very best Zentangle experience possible. This is paying great benefits as people and organizations increasingly value the instructions and classes taught by a CZT over people who are not trained by us. Once you are a CZT- use that title to set yourself apart. Shout it from the rooftops!
- Provide you with tools and resources to create a thriving Zentangle business. More and more people are teaching Zentangle workshops as an important source of income.
- Provide a wonderful experience at seminar. Many people come (and come back!) for the camaraderie and immersion in an atmosphere of Zentangle creativity, inspiration and friendship.
- Provide an ongoing system of support through newsletters, our CZT Resource center, and through our invitation-only Yahoo! chat group facilitating a network with each other.
- Provide a listing and an editable page on our website to all CZTs in good standing.
- Offer most of our Zentangle products to you at wholesale prices.
- Make every effort to make all of our strategic decisions around how it will support and impact our CZTs.
- Provide advance notice and availability of new products to CZTs.
- Provide a CZT only newsletter.
- Invite you to join us in this wonderful exciting adventure. While no one can promise it, we continually hear wonderful stories of gratitude from people who have found a CZT through our website and it has changed (or saved) their lives. The gratitude that you can experience in teaching the Zentangle method has become a major focus in many CZTs’ lives . . . it is a source of joy, focus and income.
Registration Process and Payment
Please fill out the registration form and create your account. Please note that this event website is not linked to your account on zentangle.com.
There are 3 options when registering for this seminar. The prices below include tuition, supplies, all meals and snacks and lodging for 3 nights (day students have no lodging).* Each option has limited availability so if one option is full you could try a different one. Further instructions for travel and shoulder night accommodations will be provided in your welcome email when registration is complete. You do not need to have a roommate ahead of time to choose “shared room”- we can pair you up with someone.
Private Room Student- $2245
Shared Room Student-$1995
Day Student (no lodging)-$1745
You will only be asked to pay the $250 registration fee** via credit card to complete the registration process. A welcome email with many important details and an invoice reflecting this payment will be emailed to you soon. Your balance payment will be due by check within 30 days from registration. If you do not receive either of these please check your spam first and then email email@example.com so we can get you the information you need.
Please mail check payment drawn on a US Bank to:
27 Prospect St
Whitinsville, MA 01588
For those living outside the US or if you cannot make that payment all at once, email firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
*travel, transfers and parking are not included.
**registration fees are non-refundable